| MR2 Club Italia - Forum |
| MR2 Club Italia - Forum |
MR2.ita.co | Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All Forums
 MR2 CLUB ITALIA
 International Forum
 Hello.....again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert YouTube Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
selenna Posted - 18 Jun 2011 : 22:14:21
Hi guys

Long time no post

The last time here was under another name (which I can't remember) and it was about a trip that MRS Passion were organising

I thought I would post here to tell you that unfortunately my beloved Roadster affectionately known as "Slapa" is no more

It was only three weeks ago while travelling in Italy I had an accident and rolled the car over, fortunately my wife Anne and I were unhurt and climbed out of the wreck without a scratch, sadly the car did not survive in the same condition as the pictures show.

One of the reasons for my post is that although things are still in the hands of my insurers the car will never be returning home and I thought someone here might be interested to know where the car is as there are some very good parts still usable including the engine & gearbox with a new clutch fitted just before I left 9Costing £400gbp), some very good Sparco seats, brand new tyres, a full set of reconditioned callipers (costing £400gbp) fitted with a set of automatic brake bleeders, a full set of braided brake lines, a full set of grooved discs with Greenstuff pads, a slightly beny Cobra quad exhaust system with Che header.....plus lots of other things.

Let me know if this is of any interest and I will give the location once my claim has been settled

Les

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
selenna Posted - 06 Jul 2011 : 16:38:33
quote:
Originally posted by Cekka

So we have to manage with you or with the garage?

I'm really insterested in the Cobra quad exhaust system and the Recaro Seats. How much would you like to receive for them?

Not mine now Cekka The insurance company has paid me so it belongs to them

I think they will sell it for scrap so you should contact the garage to see where it will go

I forgot to mention it also has a Che Header and one side of the Cobra quad pipes was bent but it will possibly straighten.

Please let me know if any of you get things off my beloved car and if at all possible I would really like the 4 black spray flaps as they were bought by my wife as a Birthday present, I will be willing to pay for them plus postage if anyone can help?

Here is the contact information

Les
Cekka Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 14:23:25
So we have to manage with you or with the garage?

I'm really insterested in the Cobra quad exhaust system and the Recaro Seats. How much would you like to receive for them?
selenna Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 12:17:26
Just to let you know that my car has been declared a total loss and will be disposed of over in Italy

If anyone is interested here is some information..

Engine & 5speed gearbox is in very good condition, does not use any oil or water and had a new clutch fitted by Toyota just before I went to Tuscany.

All brake callipers were professionally refurbished and given a polymer red coating, again just before my holiday

The grooved discs and pads are only a few months old

The Sparco seats are very good and extremely comfortable

The rear tyres 15" were fitted just before my holiday, the fronts are reasonable, the wheels are not in very good condition.

It has Toyota mats

There are a few items I didn't manage to remove unfortunately but they have probably been taken

I am sure if you contact the garage where my car is they will let you know what will happen to it.

Les
selenna Posted - 01 Jul 2011 : 18:13:08
quote:
Originally posted by alex82

How much do you ask for all the car?

Unfortunately my insurance is still in progress and I have nothing yet.

I do not know what will happen to the car after my claim is paid, it should be about £4500 .......when it is paid

Perhaps you can tell me what this car will be worth as it is?

Les
alex82 Posted - 25 Jun 2011 : 10:12:08
How much do you ask for all the car?
pietromr2 Posted - 25 Jun 2011 : 08:38:44
Best choice to get another mr2, I did the same few years ago
Sorry for the seats but I saw the photos and they don't match the color of my interiors
selenna Posted - 19 Jun 2011 : 14:45:48
Thanks for you offer guys (I may need help if my insurance mess me about)
The car is at the address on the tow truck "Buonconvento" and is waiting for examination by an insurance agent

The accident seems worse than it is as the speed was not too great, I think that something mechanical caused it or an oil patch on the road.

All is not bad though as I now have another Roadster and will continue my trips abroad, hopefully visiting Corfu again or possibly Switzerland, France & the Black Forest next year

A little younger than my other car and will hopefully soon have my registration plates back "LA 51 APA" That is why I cal it "La Slapa"

Les
Cekka Posted - 19 Jun 2011 : 11:14:03
Oh God, what a pity , but the really important thing is that you came out unhurt...

If you want to recover some money selling these parts you could post a list of all of them with their price, something will be shurly sold
For example I could be very interested in Cobra quad exhaust system.

Let as know where it is, even if, judging by the tow truck should be somewhere in Tuscany. Maybe a Tuscan member could help handling the more practical side?
pietromr2 Posted - 19 Jun 2011 : 08:24:02
My God! Never seen an mr2 rolled over! You have been very lucky to get out unhurt...
even if your insurance will not give you much, for sure you will get something selling parts.
I'm interested in your recaro seats, please tell us where is the car and maybe we will be able to help you on other things like burocracy or transports...

© 2004-14 by MR2.ita.co Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000